I recently read through the book “Lead Small” by Reggie Joiner and Tom Shefchunas. They do a great job breaking down the overwhelming task of leading a small group of children or youth into manageable and intentional pieces. Reggie and Tom discuss:
- Be Present // Connect their faith to a community
- Create a Safe Place // Clarify their faith as they grow
- Partner with Parents // Nurture an everyday faith
- Make it Personal // Inspire their faith by your example
- Move them Out // Engage their faith in a bigger story
Over the course of the next 5 weeks, I’m going to highlight and discuss each of these components to leading small. I hope this is helpful to anybody who is a small group leader or those who trains and leads small group leaders.