I am not a lawyer. I do not claim to know the law.

I do, however, know that it is important to get signed permission slips from authorized parent(s) or guardian(s) in order to take a minor on a trip, to treat them medically in an emergency, and/or to use a photo online or in print. The language you see below is what we use on our forms @ Hayward Wesleyan Church. This language has not been tested (that I know of or have witnessed or experienced) in a court of law. Therefore use at your own risk. I share this language to give you an idea of what we use for comparison and/or a starting point for yourself (should you need this kind of thing).

Permission Release

I give permission for my child to participate in this activity. In the event he/she is injured, I waive and release all rights to any claim for damages against the sponsor or its representatives. I further agree that any claim or dispute arising from or related to this agreement shall be settled by mediation and, if necessary, legally binding arbitration, in accordance with the Rules of the Institute for Christian Conciliation; judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in any court otherwise having jurisdiction. In the event disciplinary action need to be taken against my child due to inappropriate behavior or misconduct, I understand that any expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the parent or guardian of the child.

Medical Release

In the event my child suffers sudden illness, accident, or injury and neither parents nor guardians can be contacted, I give permission for any emergency treatment that is deemed necessary by a licensed physician.

Media Release

I grant to Hayward Wesleyan Church, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with the above identified subject. I authorize Hayward Wesleyan Church, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that Hayward Wesleyan Church may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.