Notes from: Creative Attention Getters
Breakout Session @ CPC 2012 Orlando by John Tasch
- People make a decision in 8 seconds whether or not they are going to listen to you.
- If you don’t put on a program for the kids, they will put one on for you!
- If you’re not exhausted after your ministry, you’re not doing a good job!
- Feed them on the level they understand.
- You’ve got to make what you do ATTRACTIVE.
- The attention span of a child is directly related to the level of their involvement.
- You want kids to ask their Mom on Monday: “Is it Sunday yet?”
- High-fives. Give 5 people a high-five. Give 5 more people high-tens. Jumping high-fives.
- Shake as many hands as you can in 17 seconds.
- Meet 3 people and ask them 2 questions: 1) favorite ice cream flavor, and 2) favorite season
- Say “Jesus” when hand goes up get louder, goes down get softer. Boys versus girls.
- When hands cross, clap
- 1st person to bring me something
– white sock
– house key
– used Kleenex
– ABC gum
- Award tickets (use for 3 weeks, then shelve)
– PAT (Participation Award Ticket)
– SDS (Super Duper Saint)
– Smiling Faces
– Happy Hearts
– looking for back against the seat, hands in your lap, smiling faces facing forward.
- Junior Monitor could award tickets because it gets a kid involved
– school supplies
– McDonalds coupons
- Cardboard Dice – roll it and hand out that much candy
- Fill it Up cups
- First person to wave
- First person to stand up when say a certain word (i.e. attention or North Carolina)