Sam Luce, children’s pastor @ Redeemer Church in NY, wrote a great list called: 7 sure-fire ways to make kids feel welcome in church. Here they are:
- Talk to them how they talk to you – If they are shy you need to be shy, if they are outgoing be outgoing.
- Make fun of your self -If you can make funny faces or do funny voices that’s always a plus
- Always stoop down to their level.
- Stay up on kid culture – Don’t ask them about “the littles or Ducktails” ask them about Pheinous and Ferb
- Give them things – stickers, candy, Bible bucks
- Learn their names and their parents names
- ALWAYS greet the kids before the parents